(1) Tom is not entirely free from blame.
(a) No war is free of cost to the participants.
(b) Are you free tomorrow?
(c) He lived free and easy for the rest of his days.
(d) Free prescription medicine is available through patient assistance programs.
(2) The government took every measure to resolve the economic crisis.
(a) I’m certain that the shopkeeper has been giving us short measure.
(b) It was a bargain price by any measure.
(c) Immediate measures must be adopted to save the people in the disaster area.
(d) Money is not the only measure of a person’s worth.
(3) If you are short, you can pay the rest later.
(a) It is only a short way to the shops.
(b) I am 500 yen short.
(c) At 100cm he is short for his age.
(d) He was very short with me and it made me angry.
(4) Our flight was uneventful, the landing safe.
(a) It is at the top of that flight of stairs.
(b) The flight has been cancelled because of the weather.
(c) It is nothing more than a flight of his imagination.
(d) There are too many of them to fight, so flight is the only option.
(5) I have seen many cases where talent was not rewarded with success.
(a) The case will be brought before the court tomorrow.
(b) You had better take your umbrella just in case.
(c) In no case are you to leave your post.
(d) The child has a case of chicken pox.
(6) The car is holding at 80 miles an hour.
(a) He ate as much as he could hold.
(b) Coffee held its price.
(c) The rule holds in all cases.
(d) He holds property worth millions.
(7) That phone ringing all the time is driving me nuts.
(a) John will drive me home after work.
(b) The dog had driven the sheep into one corner of the field.
(c) The engine drives the rear wheels through a five-speed manual transmission.
(d) My mother-in-law has been staying with us for a month and she’s driving me
(a)All the children (b)who were under 13 years of age were (c)admitted to the amusement park
(d)free from charge.
A at B by C down D from E in
F into G of H on I through J to
The introduction of a new social networking service (SNS) by one of the venture companies is
aimed more ( 1 ) the elderly. The recent survey reports that while many elderly people are keen (
2 ) using SNS to keep in touch with friends and colleagues after their retirement, they have
difficulty ( 3 ) signing up for the service in the first place, which keeps them ( 4 ) starting SNS.
To remove this barrier, the company invented an innovative user interface. Thanks to this
technological innovation, the company claims, even people who have never used a computer before
can easily start the service and communicate with others instantly. This service will be available
free ( 5 ) charge in April.
【4】共通語して入る語を選べ。 ［2008 早稲田（基幹・創造・先進理工）］
(1) （ⅰ）( ) salad （ⅱ）the ( ) movement （ⅲ）( ) light
(a) head (b) vegetable (c) green (d) mixed
(2) （ⅰ）steady ( )s （ⅱ）a flight of ( )s （ⅲ）the next logical ( )
(a) state (b) airplane (c) step (d) increase
(3) （ⅰ）( ) study （ⅱ）court ( ) （ⅲ）a ( ) in point
(a) space (b) judge (c) move (d) case
(1) 1. I agreed to John’s request.
2. I agreed to disagree with John.
3. I agreed to John’s conditions.
4. I agreed to honour John’s wishes.
5. I agreed to John’s theory.
(2) 1. Old people are often suffered by disease.
2. Old people are often killed from disease.
3. Old people are often suffered from disease.
4. Old people are often killed by disease.
(3) 1. I agree to your proposal.
2. I agree with your opinion.
3. I agree with your proposal.
4. I agree to your opinion.
(4) 1. He took part in the team and afterwards joined a match.
2. He joined a party and took part in an election.
3. He joined a discussion team and joined in their activities.
4. He joined the army and took part in the battle.
(5) 1. I still have not saved enough money.
2. I have not still saved enough money.
3. I have not saved enough money yet.
4. I have yet to save money money.
【1】(1) (a) (2) (c) (3) (b) (4) (b) (5) (c) (6) (b) (7) (d) 【2】(d)→free of
【3】(1) A (2) H (3) E (4) D (5) G 【4】(1) (c) (2) (c) (3) (d)
【5】(1) 5 (2) 4 (3) 4 (4) 1 (5) 2
塾の体験談はこちら → クリック
塾の さぼり防止 にも効果あり！